Sunday 12 January 2014

I just wanna feel it all

The day is here, or night I should say. Or the day is almost here. Tomorrow I will be flying out bright and early to Philly to meet up with my fellow PC volunteers before we make our way to Casablanca on Tuesday. The past few months of my life have been filled with tearful goodbyes from loved ones and close friends. Although these occasions have been incredibly sad, I cannot feel extremely grateful with the love that surrounds me. I have never before in my life felt so loved by so many people who have cried with me as I start this new chapter of my life. My heart is full with the support so many people have given me.


To be honest, dear reader, my least favorite question, although perhaps the one most frequently asked of me is: Are you nervous? What a question. At first I immediately answered yes out of pure instinct. I mean I am going to an impoverished country for the next two and a half years of my life, will be learning a new language and living in a society with completely different morals and values as me. But to be honest, if I think about how I actually am feeling, it is not nervous at all. On the contrary, I actually cannot remember feeling so happy in my life. It is with complete joy that I start this new chapter. It is an accomplishment to even go, but I feel so lucky to get the chance. This will now be my 5th and longest time leaving America. Each time I leave, it seems to change me in some way, some more subtle than others.With each life experience I feel like Im getting closer to finding "it." As Lena Dunham playing Hannah Horvath says "I just wanna feel it all." I am completely aware that this may sound naive to most people on planet earth, but it is honestly how I feel. I am not nervous, I just wanna feel it all. So I venture into this new phase of my life a happy person, supported by so many around me. Call me naive, call me young and dumb, but I have never felt so strongly that I am doing exactly what I should be doing, on the path in life that is 100 percent what I need to be doing.

Next time you will here from me will be in Morocco!!


No comments:

Post a Comment